We are open - safety is our top priority!
Lesions on your lips, gums or the inside of your mouth can sometimes cause pain and discomfort when speaking, eating, or drinking. The dentists at Taheri Dental Group of Manassas will work with you to determine the underlying cause of your dental issues and to provide you with practical help that will resolve these issues quickly. Removing lesions can speed the healing process and can help you feel more confident in everything you do. By giving Taheri Dental Group of Manassas a call at (703) 574-0971, you can ensure the best outcomes for your dental care in the Manassas area. Here are some basic facts about the laser dentistry treatment options for lesions offered by our team.
Understanding the Basic Types of Oral Lesions
There are a number of different types of oral lesions. HPV lesions, canker sores, cold sores and hemangiomas are among the most common lesions that we treat at Taheri Dental Group of Manassas. Each of these types of oral lesions presents specific challenges and requires treatment by a trained and skilled dentist to ensure the best results. Some of the most common varieties of oral lesions we treat in our dental practice include the following:
- Hemangiomas are a type of birthmark that looks like a raised rubbery patch on the skin. This red mark can impact your appearance and may even create issues with your dental health. Laser treatments are a practical way to eliminate these clusters of misplaced blood vessels and to promote the most attractive appearance for you or other members of your family.
- Canker sores are caused by excessive stress, injuries to the soft tissues of the mouth and other factors that may include the consumption of spicy or highly acidic foods. At Taheri Dental Group of Manassas, we can deliver the right laser dentistry solutions for these and other lesions that can occur in and around the mouth.
- Fever blisters or cold sores are caused by type 1 of the herpes simplex virus. This is a common issue that can cause painful and fluid-filled blisters to erupt around the lips or inside the mouth.
- HPV lesions are caused by the human papillomavirus, which is a disease that can be transmitted sexually. A few subtypes of HPV can affect the mouth, gums and lips. The lesions caused by HPV infections, however, must be removed to prevent them from developing into cancer cells that could spread and affect the entire body.
At Taheri Dental Group of Manassas, our dentists can create a customized oral lesions treatment plan for you that may include antiviral medications, topical treatment applications and, in some cases, laser dentistry treatment options to remove oral lesions safely and effectively. We are committed to delivering positive solutions for your needs in the Manassas area.
Why Home Remedies Do Not Work
You may be tempted to opt for over-the-counter medications or home remedies to address issues with oral lesions. In fact, these treatment options may not work at all. Some over-the-counter drugs or home remedies could interact with other drugs you may be taking, which could make them a dangerous option for dealing with lesions. Working with a professional doctor or dentist is the most practical and safest way to determine the correct treatment regimen for your specific set of dental needs.
Your Oral Lesions Treatment Regimen
The treatment options available to you for your dental lesions will typically vary depending on the type of lesion and the severity of your condition. We may prescribe medications that are specifically designed to address your diagnosed problem. If you are a good candidate for laser therapy, we can perform these procedures in Taheri Dental Group of Manassas to ensure the greatest convenience for our patients in Manassas and the surrounding communities.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry for Oral Lesions
One of the most important benefits of choosing laser therapy to deal with lesions is the reduced time it will take to achieve the desired results. Some of the other advantages of this form of dental treatment include the following:
- Laser excision of lesions is a relatively fast procedure that takes about an hour or less in most cases. This can save you time on managing your dental care needs.
- Little or no anesthetic is required for your laser procedure. Because the damaged tissue is removed, you may not require significant pain management after your laser treatment is complete. This can be of real importance to patients with dependency issues and for those who may not tolerate general anesthesia well.
- Your laser procedure will reduce damage to surrounding tissues while eliminating the damaged areas, which can significantly reduce the amount of time you need to recover and heal from these procedures.
Give Taheri Dental Group of Manassas a call at (703) 574-0971 to schedule your appointment with our team. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.